Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
About this product
- DescriptionAre you ready to make inclusion work in your classroom? Now in its second edition, this best-selling guide shows how teachers can help students of all abilities learn, collaborate, and achieve. With an interactive, teacher-friendly approach, this comprehensive handbook includes new information on national mandates affecting special education and a wealth of teaching strategies supported by the latest research. Developed for primary and secondary general education and special education teachers, this reference: describes how recent amendments to ADA and IDEIA are changing teaching practices; discusses accommodations, RTI, and different abilities; shows how to adapt teaching strategies, curriculum, and assessment to support inclusion and a learning environment that respects the abilities of all learners; provides numerous, classroom-ready examples of universal design for learning (UDL), understanding by design (UBD), IEPs, and other essential tools for inclusive instruction; guides readers in understanding and addressing a wide range of social, emotional, and behavioural issues; and, offers techlogy-driven classroom activities and resources to maximize student performance.
- Author BiographyLearn more about Toby Karten's PD offerings Toby J. Karten is an experienced educator who has been immersed in the field of special education for her entire career. As an accomplished author and researcher, she has presented successful staff development to local, national, and international audiences. Toby is affiliated with Drew and Monmouth University and is an adjunct professor and graduate instructor at the Regional Training Center, which is affiliated with Gratz College and The College of New Jersey. Being involved in the field of special education for the past three decades has afforded Ms. Karten an opportunity to help many children and adults from elementary through graduate levels around the world. She has been a resource teacher, staff developer, adult educator, and inclusion coach and consultant in New York and New Jersey schools and in many districts nationally and globally. In addition to her roles as an inclusion coach, student and family advocate, professional developer, mentor and resource teacher, Toby designed graduate courses titled From Challenge to Success; LD, ADHD, and the Spectrum and Skills and Strategies for Inclusion and disABILITY Awareness. She has trained instructors in three states to teach her courses. In addition, she has designed online courses for NaMaYa titled Collaborative Practices for Inclusive Classrooms and Interventions for Students with Dyslexia and Other Reading Differences. She has been recognized by both the Council for Exceptional Children and the New Jersey Department of Education as an exemplary educator, receiving two Teacher of the Year awards. She earned an undergraduate degree in special education from Brooklyn College, a master of science in special education from the College of Staten Island, a supervisory degree from Georgian Court University, and an honorary doctorate from Gratz College. Toby has authored several books and resources about inclusion practices and the CCSS, which are currently used for instruction on many college and university campuses and schools throughout the world. Ms. Karten is married, has a son, and a few dogs. She enjoys teaching, reading, writing, artwork, and most of all, learning. Toby believes that inclusion does not begin and end in the classroom, but is a philosophy that continues throughout life. Hence, inclusion is not only research-based, but life-based as well!
- Author(s)Toby J. Karten
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/05/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date06/03/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.