All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionInclusion in Physical Education is an easy to implement, hands-on guidebook of practical strategies for including students with disabilities in general physical education classes. The book focuses on skill development, social development and fitness for students with all manner of disabilities. The suggested adaptations in this book correlate with many objectives found in national standards for physical education and can be implemented by any educator. It has a wealth of teaching strategies and activities for student involvement that have been successfully field-tested by the author. The book gives the reader a clear understanding of how to set realistic goals for students with disabilities, because just like their able-bodied peers, children with disabilities benefit from learning and improving skills. In order for inclusion to be successful, educators need to consider the type and severity of the disability, the activities provided, the equipment modifications and the need for extra staff or peer support. The book is divided into chapters relating to specific disabilities. The author believes that every child is a unique learner but there are similar attributes that students with certain disabilities have in common. Therefore, when searching for ideas for any student with a specific disability, the reader will also be provided with other basic characteristics or expected behaviors. The reader can open this book and immediately find strategies. It is an invaluable reference of ideas for inclusion.
- Author BiographyPattie Rouse has more than 20 years of experience teaching physical education to persons with disabilities. Building on her tremendous success using games to help all groups of learners develop team-building skills, she has also trained other teachers to use the same type of team-building programmes. This book is an outgrowth of the positive results her methods have engendered. She holds a BSED in health and physical education from Georgia Southern University and a master's of education in integrated studies from Cambridge College in Boston. She also has been trained in instructional strategies for children with emotional and behavioural disabilities, adventure-based counselling and developmental therapy for children with autism.
- Author(s)Pattie Rouse
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note6 illustrations, 33 photos
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.