All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do therapists kw they are making a difference with their clients? Progress monitoring and outcome assessment (PMOA) measures are powerful tools that can provide feedback about short-term progress during counseling and psychotherapy as well as information about the overall amount of progress. Incorporating Progress Monitoring and Outcome Assessment into Counseling and Psychotherapy by Scott T. Meier helps clinicians, students, and researchers learn how to employ and interpret PMOA measures. A new generation of change-sensitive measures has begun to appear that are specially designed to function as PMOA tests. These instruments indicate when a client is t making progress and the mental health professional should consider altering the psychosocial intervention. Research has demonstrated that PMOA measures have the potential to significantly reduce the surprisingly high failure rates found in psychotherapy. Meier describes case studies that incorporate PMOA data, literature relevant to PMOA measurement, and examples of rater training for PMOA measures. Chapters explain how to administer and interpret PMOA data, evaluate the psychometric properties of PMOA measures, understand statistics and graphics employed with PMOA data, and employ PMOA data in supervision. This book will be valuable to mental health providers who use PMOA measures as well as graduate students in clinical, counseling, and school psychology.
- Author BiographyScott T. Meier is Professor in the Program in Counseling/School Psychology in the Department of Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology at University at Buffalo. His major research and teaching areas focus on psychological assessment and testing (particularly progress monitoring and outcome assessment), research methods (particularly program evaluation), and counseling and psychotherapy skills (particularly the integration of case conceptualization and assessment with intervention).
- Author(s)Scott T. Meier
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication08/01/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight436 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.