All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncorrigibly Plural celebrates the diversity and vitality of Louis MacNeice's writing. Poets and critics illuminate the work of a writer whose achievement and influence is increasingly recognised as central to modern poetry in English. Contributions include responses to MacNeice by poets such as Paul Farley, Leontia Flynn, Nick Laird, Derek Mahon, Glyn Maxwell and Paul Muldoon; discussions by critics such as Neil Corcoran, Valentine Cunningham, Hugh Haughton, Peter McDonald and Clair Wills; and more biographical accounts, including a memoir by MacNeice's son, the late Dan MacNeice. For each of them, MacNeice remains a continuing presence for his insight into the mechanisms of the modern world, his complex political awareness, his ability to bring the historical moment alive. Above all, what emerges is pleasure in MacNeice's plurality of language and forms. More than a retrospective work of criticism, Incorrigibly Plural belongs to live debates about contemporary poetry.
- Author BiographyFRAN BREARTON is Reader in English at Queen's University Belfast. She is the author of The Great War in Irish Poetry (Oxford University Press, 2000) and Reading Michael Longley (Bloodaxe, 2006). EDNA LONGLEY is Professor Emerita at Queen's University Belfast. Her books include Poetry and Posterity (Bloodaxe, 2000) and, as editor, Edward Thomas: The Annotated Collected Poems (Bloodaxe, 2008).
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLives and Letters
- Weight408 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEdna Longley,Fran Brearton
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.