All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe U. S. is losing its competitive edge in science, techlogy, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Thomas Friedman warns that America is t producing eugh young people in STEM fields that are essential for entrepreneurship and invation in the 21st century (The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century, 2005). Blue ribbon commissions and influential business and national leaders have issued reports on the seriousness of the situation but little collective effort has been made to advance solutions to the STEM crisis. Increasing the Competitive Edge in Math and Science lays out actions that can be taken by K-12 teachers and administrators, by higher education faculty and administrators, and by policy makers working collaboratively in school through college (K-16) partnerships to prepare American youth for meaningful participation in the twenty-first century science and techlogically-based ecomy. If the steps described in this book are followed in states all across the Country, the resulting actions can help America to regain its competitive edge in science and mathematics.
- Author BiographyJanet S. Kettlewell, vice chancellor for Preschool--College (P--16) Initiatives for the University System of Georgia, serves as principal investigator of the Partnership for Reform in Science and Mathematics. Ronald J. Henry physicist, provost, and senior vice president for academic affairs at Georgia State University, serves as co-principal investigator of the Partnership for Reform In Science and Mathematics.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Out-of-print date21/02/2013
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJanet S. Kettlewell,Ronald J. Henry
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.