All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAva and her grandmother see a squirrel squirreling away some nuts and discover many more animals whose names are used as verbs and adjectives. Children enjoy animals and word play, and this book combines the two. The book can help grow a child's vocabulary while the child enjoys the vibrant animal paintings.
- Author BiographyThe author of this book is nuts about children's books. She lives on a farm with lots of squirrels and many other critters. She can trace her interest in children's books to her childhood experiences at the library with characters such as Madeline, Winnie the Pooh, and Color Kittens Hush and Brush . Her interest in children's books grew and grew as she read to her own children, and now that she is a grandmother she is reading to children once again. The inspiration for this book came from one of her grandchildren with whom she was squirrel watching, The other animals just kept joining in the game and the book was born. Children enjoy animals and word play so start reading and have some fun with the book. Children learn from nature so encourage your young readers to become bird watchers, bug observers and squirrel spotters. The author firmly believes that reading to children promotes success both academically and socially. Gather children around you and read this book to them. Ask the children questions while reading the book. The book's questions should inspire, not constrict you. Count the balloons. Look up puffins and where they live. Build your own construction crane. Let the children draw and tell their own version of the story. A blank page is provided at the end of the book. Feel free to use it to write down more questions, draw your own animals or just doodle with the children in your life.
- Author(s)Patricia Poyet
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patricia Poyet
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.