Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 12 Feb
- AU $53.93+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking sense of a complex topic, Incrementalism and Public Policy is a comprehensive overview of the best-kwn policy-making models-Lindblom's incrementalism, the Madisonian model, the responsible parties model, group theory, and the privileged position of business in capitalist societies-and a detailed discussion of the possibilities for nincremental change. Divided into two parts, Part I highlights the major models of policy-making in chapter length assessments, while Part II develops two original typologies that identify the circumstances under which major policy change occurs. This work also systematically presents and analyzes competing theories of incrementalism and nincrementalism in policy-making and features case studies of the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 and the attempts of Presidents Nixon and Carter to enact comprehensive welfare reform legislation. Incrementalism and Public Policy is a useful guide for both undergraduate and graduate students of political science.
- Author BiographyMichael T. Hayes (M.A. and Ph.D., Indiana University) is Professor of Political Science at Colgate University. His interests include group theory, incrementalism and policy making, and the effects of public opinion on the legislative process.
- Author(s)Michael T. Hayes
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/02/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width179 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.