Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionIndelible Shadows investigates questions raised by films about the Holocaust. How does one make a movie that is both morally just and marketable? Annette Insdorf provides sensitive readings of individual films and analyzes theoretical issues such as the 'truth claims' of the cinematic medium. The third edition of Indelible Shadows includes five additional chapters that cover recent trends, as well as rediscoveries of motion pictures made during and just after World War II. It addresses the treatment of rescuers, as in 'Schindler's List'; the controversial use of humor, as in 'Life is Beautiful'; the distorted image of survivors, and the growing genre of documentaries that return to the scene of the crime or rescue. The antated filmography offers capsule summaries and information about ather hundred Holocaust films from around the world, making this edition an extremely comprehensive discussion of films about the Holocaust, and an invaluable resource for film programmers and educators.
- Author(s)Annette Insdorf
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2002
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note137 b/w illus.
- Weight810 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Foreword byElie Wiesel
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.