All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book presents research work on face recognition using edge information as features for face recognition with ICA algorithms. The independent components are extracted from edge information. These independent components are used with classifiers to match the facial images for recognition purpose. In their study, authors have explored Canny and LOG edge detectors as standard edge detection methods. Oriented Laplacian of Gaussian (OLOG) method is explored to extract the edge information with different orientations of Laplacian pyramid. Multiscale wavelet model for edge detection is also proposed to extract edge information. The book provides insights for advance research work in the area of image processing and biometrics.
- Author BiographyProf. Kailash J. Karande is currently working as Principal at SPSPM S.K.N. Sinhgad College of Engineering, Pandharpur, India. Prof. Karande has 18 years of teaching experience. He has completed his PhD in Electronics and Telecommunication (Image Processing) from SRTM University, Nanded, India in 2011. He has also received Prestigious European Fellowship for one month training at Aalborg University, Denmark, on Project Based Learning. Prof. Karande has recently authored a book Face Recognition using Independent Component Analysis with LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH. He has also published many articles in national and international peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings. Prof. Karande is a member of the Editorial Board of two international journals - International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Applications in Engineering Technology and Sciences (IJ-ETA-ETS) and International Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering Technology and Sciences (IJ-CA-ETS). Dr. Sanjay Talbar is serving as a Professor with Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering in Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nanded, India. He has obtained his PhD from S.R.T. Marathwada University, Nanded, India in 2000. He has received the Young Scientist Award by URSI, Italy in 2003. He is a member of many prestigious committees in academic field of India. His research interests are Signal & Image Processing and Embedded Systems.
- Author(s)Kailash Jagannath Karande,Sanjay Talbar
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology/ SpringerBriefs in Computational Intelligence
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note47 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables, biography
- Weight148 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.