All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the second in a continuing series of publications listing and identifying all illustrations contained in English manuscripts from the time of Chaucer to Henry VIII. This was a prolific period in the history of English book production, and the range of subject-matter illustrated is of significance of all historians, whether of art, religion, costume, natural science, and above all social custom. The manuscripts in the Bodleian Library, Oxford, are the first to be catalogued. These are listed here in alphabetical order of the Library's collections, and the present volume deals with all the imagery in collections Dodsworth to Marshall. A third volume will complete all material found in the Bodleian Library. The catalogue is introduced by a helpful User's Guide which explains the basis for research and the categories of subject-matter adopted by the editors. Entries are numbered consecutively for ease of reference, and every illustration is ted, from full-page narrative miniatures and historiated initials to king's heads, marginalia and ta bene signs.
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication23/08/2001
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintHarvey Miller Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight894 g
- Width210 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.