Index to Translated Short Fiction by Latin American Women in English Language Anthologies by ABC-CLIO (Hardback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $108.80+ postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the past 10 years, the situation of women writers in Latin America has dramatically changed as has the interest the reading public has shown in their work. In the United States, the rise of women's studies programs has fostered a heightened awareness of literature written by women. Publishers have ted the growing significance of Latin American women writers and have responded by increasing the availability of the work of these women. Thus many anthologies w include English translations of Latin American short fiction written by women. The inclusion of Latin American short fiction in anthologies has made the work of these women more available to students, but the collections in which particular works appear are sometimes difficult to locate. This reference provides a full listing of these anthologies and the works contained in them. The first part of the volume contains entries for 165 anthologies published between 1938 and 1996. The entries are arranged alphabetically by editor or author and each provides full bibliographic information and a list of all short stories and vel excerpts by Latin American women authors contained in the work. The nationality of each author is cited parenthetically. These entries are assigned alphanumeric codes, which are cross-referenced in the volume's other indexes. The additional indexes allow the user to locate short fiction by author, country, and title. The volume concludes with a list of bibliographies of Latin American literature in translation.
- Author BiographyKATHY S. LEONARD is Associate Professor of Spanish and Hispanic Linguistics at Iowa State University. She has published two anthologies of edited and translated short stories by Latin American women including Cruel Fictions, Cruel Realities: Short Stories by Latin American Women Writers (1997). Her work has appeared in such journals as Feminist Studies, Michigan Quarterly, and Critical Matrix: The Princeton Journal of Women, Gender, and Culture.
- Date of Publication20/11/1997
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Women's Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 25.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight355 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byKathy S. Leonard
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.