All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA New York Times Notable Book Nobel laureate V. S. Naipaul s impassioned and prescient travelogue of his journeys through his ancestral homeland, with a new preface by the author. Arising out of Naipaul s lifelong obsession and passion for a country that is at once his and totally alien, India: A Million Mutinies Now relates the stories of many of the people he met traveling there more than fifty years ago. He explores how they have been steered by the innumerable frictions present in Indian society the contradictions and compromises of religious faith, the whim and chaos of random political forces. This book represents Naipaul s last word on his homeland, complementing his two other India travelogues, An Area of Darkness and India: A Wounded Civilization.
- Author BiographyV. S. Naipaul was born in Trinidad in 1932. He went to England on a scholarship in 1950. After four years at University College, Oxford, he began to write, and since then has followed no other profession. He has published thirty books of fiction and nonfiction, including A House for Mr. Biswas, A Bend in the River, A Turn in the South and a collection of letters, Between Father and Son. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2001.
- Author(s)V S Naipaul
- Date of Publication22/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleVintage International
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight399 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.