All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIndia: Brief History of a Civilization provides a brief overview of a very long period, allowing students to acquire a mental map of the entire history of Indian civilization in a short book. Most comprehensive histories devote a few chapters to the early history of India and an increasing number of pages to the more recent period, giving an impression that early history is mere background and that Indian civilization finds its fulfillment in the nation-state. Thomas R. Trautmann believes that the deep past lives on and is a valuable resource for understanding the present day and for creating a viable future. The result is a book that is short eugh to read in a few sittings, but comprehensive in coverage-5,000 years of India in brief.
- Author BiographyProfessor of History at the University of Michigan; specializes in Ancient India. Books include: Languages and Nations (UC Press, 2006) Aryans and British India (Yoda Press 2004), and editor of Aryan Debates (OUP, 2008).
- Author(s)Thomas R. Trautmann
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Out-of-print date16/07/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight290 g
- Width141 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.