All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 2000-2008 India's ecomic and political ascendancy were charted in the world's press. This period of dynamism ushered in an increased sense of confidence, aspiration and pride in being Indian. This book is about the response of the design community to India's changing environment. It focuses on fashion, graphic and interior design as metaphors of the complex networks that constitute globalisation within key metropolitan centres of India. Examined within the context of their production and consumption, and through their ecomic, social, political and cultural underpinnings, a picture emerges which conveys how designers grapple with issues of identity and globalisation, nationhood and modernity, ethics and commerce.
- Author BiographyDivia Patel is a curator in the Asian Department of the Victoria and Albert Museum. Her areas of expertise include contemporary art, popular culture and photography of South Asia, as well as the 19th century copies of the paintings of Ajanta. She has curated several exhibitions including the award-winning, internationally touring show, Cinema India: The Art of Bollywood and The Photographers' Pilgrimage: Exploring Buddhist Sites. She co-curated Indian life and Landscape, an exhibition of paintings by western artists in India from the 17-20th centuries, which toured extensively through India. She has published widely on Indian cinema graphics, photography, contemporary art, design and paintings. She is currently co-curating a forthcoming exhibition on Indian Textiles.
- Author(s)Divia Patel
- PublisherRoli Books Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRoli Books Pvt Ltd
- Content Note100 colour, 20 b & w
- Weight1247 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.