All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIndia Macroecomics Annual 2008, like the annuals for the earlier two years, provides a macroecomic update on the state of the country's ecomy and discusses issues that were pertinent during the course of the year. It analyses macroecomic events using macroecomic and statistical tools. The first section of the annual surveys stock market development and private capital accumulation in the country. The second section contains research papers on a wide range of topics such as labour, fiscal issues, banking and finance, ecometrics, computations and mathematical methods, foreign direct investment, income redistribution policy, growing savings rate, skill acquisition with regard to India and the role of finance in business cycles. This work will hold great value for people involved in the study of Macroecomics, International Trade, Labour Ecomics, Public Ecomics and Ecometrics.
- Author BiographySugata Marjit is currently the Reserve Bank of India Professor of Industrial Economics at the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta. He was the first Sukhamay Chakravarty Chair Professor, CESP, Jawaharlal Nehru University and was a Professor of Economics at the Indian Statistical Institute. A topper of Calcutta University he received his Phd in Economics from the University Rochester in 1985. He received the Mahalanobis Gold Medal of the Indian Econometric Society in 2002 and the VKRV Rao National Prize as a young Social Scientist in 2003, among the very few who have received both. He held visiting professorial positions at the Universities of Bonn, Copenhagen, Cornell , Erasmus , Monash, Munich, Konstanz, New South Wales, Queensland, Penn. State, Rochester etc. and was a visiting scholar at the IMF, ADB and the Federal Reserve Bank, St. Louis, USA. His papers have been published in well-known journals such as the American Economic Review, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of International Economics, Journal of Development Economics, European Economic Review, International Economic Review, Canadian Journal of Economics, Economics Letters etc. Oxford University Press, SAGE and Springer-Verlag have published his books and edited volumes.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication18/02/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight295 g
- Width158 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited bySugata Marjit
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.