All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent emergence of Asia as a formidable military and ecomic power constitutes the most significant development in the post-Cold War international politics. It incubates a new world order with apparent signals for a radical shift in international power equations. These developments in the Asia-Pacific and the growing camaraderie between India and the US have caught the attention of scholars across the world. The aims and interests of the US, China, India and other regional/middle-level players, coupled with the strategic significance of South China Sea and East China Sea, makes the region a volatile one. The rise of China and its ambition to establish its hegemony in Asia directly challenges the primacy of the US. What role India will play in this ensuing power struggle is of strategic importance and interest. The so-called strategic convergence between India and US is the result of unprecedented rise of China and the schemes of the US to contain it. This compendium contains 13 scholarly articles which survey various aspects of the emerging scenario in the Asia-Pacific. In the process, scholars draw valuable insights on the future trajectory of the bilateral and multilateral relations in Asia. This book includes contributions made by leading scholars who examine and analyse the meaning, dimensions and strategic significance of Asian rebalancing and its impact on India-US relations.
- Author BiographyDr. C.A. Josukutty is presently Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram. He obtained his M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Kerala. He has published 1 book and 20 articles in national and international journals of repute. He was Fellow of Salzburg Global Seminar (2007) and a Visiting Fellow at the United States Institute on Foreign Policy, University of Florida, US in 2010. Dr. Josukutty was awarded a Major Research Project by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi in 2010. He also serves as Honorary Director, Survey Research Centre, University of Kerala and is currently General Secretary of the Association of Political Scientists, Kerala. His areas of teaching and research interest include Indias foreign policy, human rights and cyber politics.
- Author(s)C. A. Josukutty
- PublisherNew Century Publications
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintNew Century Publications
- Weight554 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.