All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book provides a complete study of the exquisite Native American basketry from the San Francisco Bay Area and the Monterey Bay region rth to Soma, Napa, and Mendoci and eastward across the Sacramento Valley to the crest of the Sierras. Baskets of the Pomo, Ohlone (Costaan), Coast Miwok, Esselen, Huchm, Lake Miwok, Maidu, Wappo, and Yuki people are lavishly illustrated and kwledgably and sensitively described. Color photographs and drawings illustrate the rare, fine California Indian baskets from museum and private collections in the United States and Europe. The vast majority of these baskets are illustrated for the first time.
- Author BiographyRalph Shanks is vice president of the Miwok Archaeological Preserve of Marin. Lisa Woo Shanks is editor of the Basketry of California and Oregon Series. They are the authors of The North American Indian Travel Guide.
- Author(s)Ralph Shanks
- PublisherCostano Books
- Date of Publication23/02/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleIndian Baskets of California and Oregon Series
- Place of PublicationNovato
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCostano Books
- Content Note190 color illus.
- Weight1044 g
- Width225 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLisa Woo Shanks
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.