All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is part of Tuttle's bestselling series of Asian Children's Favorite Stories . The stories are aimed at children between 5-14, but readers of all ages, young and old, will find much to love within these pages. Retold here are the wonderful tales of how the Lord Krishna escapes the evil Kamsa's repeated attempts to kill him, how the handsome Prince Rama returns to his father's kingdom to reclaim his throne, and how the elephant keeper's daughter, Rani humbles an unwise and unjust king by emptying all of his storehouses of rice. Included at the back is a glossary of Indian names and terms. Its contents are: The Birth of Krishna , No Ordinary Lad , Tenali Raman the Prankster , Journey to Heaven , The Story of Rama , Sukhu and Dukhu , The Foolish Man , One Grain of Rice , and, a glossary of Names and Terms.
- Author BiographyRosemarie Somaiah, who spent her childhood in India, is a storyteller, teacher and writer who loves to link the threads of stories old and new. B. Ranjan Somaiah was born in India. He obtained his degree in engineering and was offered to participate in the managment training program in the graphic arts at Tata Press Ltd. He spent 16 years there and decided to venture out on his own and eventually took up art and illustrating seriously. He's contributed to various publications, including the Deccan Herald.
- Author(s)B.Ranjan Somaiah,Rosemarie Somaiah
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Notecol
- Weight562 g
- Width228 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $16.00
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.