All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough India's growth experience is well documented, the issues and implications that have emerged both in the general and at the sectoral contexts during and after the transition process remain a major area for policy concern. This volume, published in hour of C.T. Kurien, provides a scholarly assessment of India's growth performance and its implications over the last decade and a half. Examining the key features of India's ecomic development, the volume addresses critical issues such as food inflation, agricultural performance, labour markets, social infrastructure, climate change, governance, poverty and disparity. It showcases the mutual impacts of ecomic growth on society and ecosystem. The volume identifies the growing problems of farmers' suicide, food and labour insecurity, corruption, governance gap, caste discrimination and environmental degradation, among others, as key challenges of Indian democracy, suggesting policy changes and governance reforms both in the national and sectoral contexts.
- Author BiographyS. Janakarajan is Professorial Consultant at Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS) and Professorial Research Associate, Centre for Water and Development, SOAS, University of London. He was a Visiting Professor at the Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford. He specializes in the areas of water, environment and climate change. He has authored/co-authored/edited several books and published many articles in national and international journals. Currently, he is the President of South Asia Consortium for Interdisciplinary Water Resources Studies (SaciWATERs), Hyderabad and is an active member of the Global Water Partnership. L. Venkatachalam is Associate Professor, MIDS, Chennai. He has been a visiting faculty at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras School of Economics (MSE) and Indian Maritime University, Chennai. He works on environmental economics with a focus on non-market valuation, environmental policy and climate change. He has held Fulbright-Nehru Senior Research Fellowship, Indo-French Scholars' Exchange Fellowship and Indo-Canadian Faculty Research Fellowship and won the Japanese Award for his outstanding Research on Development. R. Maria Saleth is Director, Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), and former Director, MIDS, Chennai. He has earlier worked at the International Water Management Institute, Colombo; Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi; and the Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bengaluru. He works in the areas of water resource management, institutional reform and agricultural development. He has been the editor of Review of Development and Change and an Associate Editor of Water Policy and Water Resources Research.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Weight544 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byL. Venkatachalam,Rathinasamy Maria Saleth,S. Janakarajan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.