All listings for this product
About this product
- Description170 classic recipes shown step by step. This title features over 170 exciting recipes from all over India, showcasing the best regional dishes and making them accessible to every cook. It is a combination of classic Indian cooking, original healthy dishes, and recipes in the hot new Balti style, including Balti Chicken and Balti Spicy Potatoes. It includes over 900 tempting photographs, with glorious pictures of each finished dish and step-by-steps showing techniques and every stage of preparation. All the authentic recipes are specially tested in the Western kitchen, with a comprehensive introduction explaining and describing all the ingredients, techniques and equipment you will need. At-a-glance cook's tips and hints and clear guidance make every step simple so results are guaranteed every time. The vast and mysterious sub-continent of India has a range of cuisines as diverse as its cultures. Every part of this massive country has evolved its own unique culinary methods and styles, presenting a fascinating repertoire of ideas, techniques and recipes for the cook to explore. This book is a combination of traditional dishes; recipes adapted to cater for modern trends in healthy eating; and food prepared in the exciting Balti stove-top style. Among the classics you will find the famous recipes much-loved by all, including Samosas, Bhajias, Naan, Chapati, Kashmiri-style Lamb, Spicy Kebabs, Bombay Duck, Tandoori Chicken, Korma, Dhal and Bombay Potato.
- Author BiographyShehzad Husain is consultant to Marks and Spencer PLC on their range of Indian foods. She is also the author of several books on Indian cooking and has contributed to popular magazines including Taste and Family Circle. Rafi Fernandez is an accomplished cook and prolific author of books covering recipes from her native India. She appears at cooking demonstrations and runs two shops, Rafi's Spice Box, based in Sudbury and York, England.
- Author(s)Husain Shehzad,Rafi Fernandez
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication03/02/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note900 photographs
- Weight635 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.