All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis complete manual introduces unique Indian head massage techniques to help reduce feelings of stress and anxiety, calm sensory overloads, improve sleep patterns, ease frustration and boost mental, physical and emotional wellbeing in people of all ages with special needs, including Autism Spectrum Disorders. The book provides everything you need to get started, including: - A full, step-by-step, illustrated massage routine - Essential tips on how to create the perfect environment and how to approach clients with special needs - Detailed case studies - Information on anatomy, physiology and the complementary approaches to the body - Supplementary information on essential oils Developed by Giuliana Fenwick through work with her son, and extensively trialled in schools and specialist colleges, this tailored Indian head massage is perfect for anyone looking to provide additional support to people with special needs, including parents and carers, teachers, teaching assistants and other school staff, complementary therapists and any other professionals working with people with special needs.
- Author BiographyGiuliana Fenwick has been a complementary therapist for almost all of her adult life. She developed her unique take on Indian head massage while working with her son who has Asperger's syndrome (AS) and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Giuliana spent months developing the massage and trialling it in schools and specialist colleges, and she now works with the technique full-time treating clients of all ages in a variety of settings. The technique and her teaching has been approved by the Complementary Medical Association, and she has trained organisations including ADHD, ASC & LD Belgium and MIND. Giuliana will be training NHS partnerships, local authorities, NATSPEC and specialist staff from one of the specialist academies at which she works in September 2015. She also speaks throughout the UK and internationally to raise awareness of special needs and the benefits of using therapies within schools. Giuliana lives in Somerset, UK.
- Author(s)Giuliana Fenwick
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/11/2015
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note80 full colour images (23 illustrations, 57 photographs)
- Weight544 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.49
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.40
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.