All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJamie Oliver: 'I love Maunika's cooking. Her food is a joy - she makes incredible Indian food really achievable at home. A fantastic Indian cookbook.' Yotam Ottolenghi: 'Reading Maunika's book feels as though you're actually sitting in an Indian family kitchen, sharing stories and recipes. I've been inspired by her to make my own paneer and to play with pickled watermelon rind. Delightful!' Growing up in Mumbai, Maunika Gowardhan learned the secrets of home cooking, Indian-style. Now living in the UK, Maunika is often asked, 'what do Indians cook on a day to day basis?' And, 'how is it that you can rustle up a curry for an everyday meal when you're so busy?' The answer is in chapters of this book. Hungry include recipes made from easy-to-find ingredients for when you're starving and short of time. And Lazy contains recipes for when you want something a bit slower, a bit comforting, but still straightforward. Indian food is also about feasting, so when you have the luxury of time and want to put some real love into a meal at the weekend, you can turn to Indulgent, or when you have friends and family coming over then Celebratory is the chapter for you. Whatever your mood, Indian Kitchen will inspire you to add Indian cooking into your weekly menu.
- Author BiographyBorn and brought up in Mumbai, Maunika Gowardhan is a food writer and private chef living in the UK. Maunika cooks up comforting meals showcasing how fabulous regional Indian food can be. She shares her recipes with people wanting to discover a contemporary approach to Indian food, who enjoy cooking just as much as eating! Her blog, Cook in a Curry, has an avid following and Maunika writes for magazines, newspapers and has a regular column in Vogue India. Maunika can be seen cooking divine Indian dishes with Jamie Oliver on his online cookery channel FoodTube. Visit www.maunikagowardhan.co.uk or follow Maunika on Twitter: www.twitter.com/cookinacurry.
- Author(s)Maunika Gowardhan
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight1040 g
- Width196 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.92Trending at AU $32.86
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $27.42
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.49
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.