All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines modern dance as a form of embodied resistance to political and cultural nationalism in India through the works of five selected modern dance makers: Rabindranath Tagore, Uday Shankar, Shanti Bardhan, Manjusri Chaki Sircar and Ranjabati Sircar.
- Author BiographyPrarthana Purkayastha is Lecturer in Theatre and Performance at Plymouth University, UK. Her previous publications include articles in journals such as Studies in South Asian Film and Media, Dance Research Journal and South Asia Research.
- Author(s)Prarthana Purkayastha
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleNew World Choreographies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.