All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a syptic view of the Indian Ocean and maritime security in its contested waters. Using a historical approach, it reveals vital links to events in the present day. The volume: * Highlights the competition between major Asian powers to control the 'String of Pearls' - a reference to the Chinese attempts at controlling the Indian Ocean periphery. * Shows that cooperation amongst the major powers of the region could abate the threat of the potential of conflict becoming global and inviting external intervention. * Discusses India's Look-East policy and the deepening relation between India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). * Argues for the need of Indian Ocean states and particularly the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) members of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) to look afresh at their political and security issues and common interests. * Suggests measures for evolving a robust mechanism of maintaining the Indian Ocean as a sustainable zone of commerce, energy, security and peace rather than threat. A major contribution on a critical area in Asian geopolitics, this volume will be useful to scholars and researchers of international relations, politics, defence studies and maritime security studies, along with strategic affairs experts and think tanks.
- Author BiographyBimal N. Patel is Director at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India. Aruna Kumar Malik is Assistant Professor of Political Science at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India. William Nunes is Associate Professor of Political Science at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white halftones
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byBimal N. Patel
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.