Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionUnder the shadow of the turbulent 1960s, this is my story of a journey through village India as an American Peace Corp Volunteer. I graduated college in 1966 with idea of what I wanted to do in life. I asked the Peace Corps to send me to a place that was more different than anything I had ever kwn. I got what I asked for. India unfolded into a kaleidoscope of fascinating people and unforgettable scenes in a culture that never failed to amaze me. The sights, smells, and sounds of village India offer the backdrop of what happened, some stories quite incredible, but all true. After two years, I was infused with the spiritual and mystical quality that was, and still is, India--something that is almost beyond explaining. It cant be found by touring India or even visiting an ashram, but only by living there, learning the local language, and being with Indians in their homes and work. Forty-four years after leaving the Peace Corps I returned to village India. Surprisingly, very little had changed. All of the profits from the sale of this book will be donated to the Vishwa Bharati n-profit village school in Anavatti, India; and to the School of Social Work at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, to support students and faculty in visiting India.
- Author(s)Arthur J Frankel
- Date of Publication11/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.