Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionHow often do you read recipe books and become disheartened by a never-ending list of ingredients? This is often especially true of Indian cookbooks, and is eugh to prompt anyone to reach for the takeaway menu - but don't dial! Award-winning author Monisha Bharadwaj has come to the rescue with her stunning new recipe book, Indian in 6. Indian food is one of the best-loved cuisines in the world. It is also extremely versatile - whether you want to cook a quick weeknight meal or a banquet for your friends ? there is a multitude of regional recipes, fresh ingredients and aromatic herb and spice combinations to choose from. Each of Monisha's exciting, authentic and elegant Indian dishes uses just 6 ingredients or less, with the only store cupboard ingredients required being vegetable oil, salt and ginger-garlic paste. She uses simple and healthy cooking methods to bring the rich flavours of the sub-continent to your table, in a matter of minutes, and Gus Filgate's sumptuous photographs bring the dishes to vibrant life. The delicious recipes include: Spinach and Coconut Soup; Roasted Aubergine in Yoghurt; Creamy Silver Lamb Curry; Chicken and Coconut Stir-fry; Wild Mango and Mustard Salad; South Indian Crab; Goan Pork Salad; Garlicky Chicken with Mango Butter; Banana Leaf Squid; Prawns with Lime and many more that you won't find at your local takeaway!
- Author BiographyMonisha Bharadwaj is an award-winning author and food writer. Her book Stylish Indian in Minutes won the Guild of Food Writers' Cookery Book of the Year and was shortlisted for the Jacob's Creek World Food Media Awards. She contributes to several magazines such as Elle, Delicious and Food and Travel in the UK and Cookery Plus in India. Monisha regularly cooks on TV especially for Good Food Live on the UK Food Channel. She also tours the UK, teaching and demonstrating her simple, elegant and unfussy style of cooking good wholesome Indian food. As a young busy mother, she is committed to presenting food that is nutritious, quick and delightful in taste. She has been food consultant to the Times of India group of companies, creating menus for celebrities such as the deputy Prime Minister of India as well as several top film stars. Monisha is also a professional Indian classical dancer.
- Author(s)Monisha Bharadwaj
- PublisherKyle Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2005
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKyle Cathie
- Out-of-print date27/11/2008
- Content Notecolour photos by Gus Filgate
- Width240 mm
- Height240 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.