Indiana Getting Started Garden Guide: Grow the Best Flowers, Shrubs, Trees, Vines & Groundcovers by Shawna Coronado (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the Indiana gardening climate with this photographic guide to more than 150 state-specific plants. It's secret that the post-glacial soils of Indiana are some of the most fertile that the midwestern United States has to offer. If you're lucky eugh to live there-be it on the shores of Lake Michigan in Gary, nestled along the Ohio River in Evansville, or in a small town near one of the state's 1,000-plus lakes-you've found yourself in some of the nation's best gardening country. In Indiana Getting Started Garden Guide, internationally rewned gardening expert and Indiana native Shawna Coronado presents foolproof planting advice for over 150 species, handpicked for their ability to flourish in the Hoosier State. Organized alphabetically by plant type and common name, the book's format makes it as simple to come upon plants you've never heard of as to look up your old favorites. Every species-from annuals and perennials to shrubs, natives, and trees-is featured with gorgeous full-color photography, a name pronunciation guide, instructions for planting and care, and a list of ideal companion plants. A smart set of icons acts as a quick reference for sun and shade requirements and plant-specific benefits, and a color-coded USDA map lets you find your specific plant hardiness zone. So whether you're craving the colorful fall pop of burning bush or the springtime splendor of Siberian squill, Indiana Getting Started Garden Guide is your manual for harnessing that beautiful Indiana countryside.
- Author BiographySHAWNA CORONADO (Warrenville, IL) is an author, on-camera spokesperson, newspaper columnist, internationally recognized keynote speaker, and environmental and health correspondent. She has lectured for TEDx and Google, appears regularly on U.S. national television, and spends her time educating the online community about eco-travel, green living, sustainable gardening, inexpensive cooking, and home vegetable production-all from her very own home and ornamental front-lawn garden. Shawna's photographs and stories on organic living have been featured on HGTV.com, in Birds & Blooms magazine, and in the books The Green Garden, Grocery Gardening, The Edible Front Yard, and Garden Up!. She is the author of Cool Springs Press' Illinois Getting Started Garden Guide (2014) and Indiana Getting Started Garden Guide (2014). Website: http://shawnacoronado.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shawnacoronado Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/shawnacoronado Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ShawnaCoronado/posts Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/shawnacoronado YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/thecasualgardener
- Author(s)Shawna Coronado
- PublisherCool Springs Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCool Springs Press
- Content Note300 color photos
- Weight612 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.