All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIndiana (1831) is an absorbing and vivid romantic vel, set partly in provincial France, partly in Paris, and partly on a tropical island. It tells the story of a beautiful and incent young woman, married at sixteen to a much older man. She falls passionately in love with a handsome, frivolous neighbour but discovers too late that his idea of love is quite different from her own. It is only after a series of painful experiences that she comes to appreciate the silent devotion of her loyal and protective cousin. ABOUT THE SERIES: For over 100 years Oxford World's Classics has made available the widest range of literature from around the globe. Each affordable volume reflects Oxford's commitment to scholarship, providing the most accurate text plus a wealth of other valuable features, including expert introductions by leading authorities, helpful tes to clarify the text, up-to-date bibliographies for further study, and much more.
- Author BiographySylvia Raphael has translated Balzac's Eugenie Grandet (1990) and Cousin Bette (1992) for World's Classics. Naomi Schor is a well-known expert in both Romance Languages/Literature and in European feminism. She is William Hanes Wannamaker Professor of Romance Studies and Literature at Duke University.
- Author(s)George Sand
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/06/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight227 g
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byNaomi Schor
- Translated bySylvia Raphael
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.