All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpts from the Foreword While there is dearth of available material, both in terms of views and research presentations through various electronic media, a publication like the EDI continues to be a precious resource for providing at one place, some of the best pieces of academic writing and also important reports and policy documents on different aspects of our country 's ecomy. That is why EDI has also become an important source of policy ideas and analyses to the country's policy makers as well as opinion leaders. The most important aspect of EDI is its eclectic approach in selecting material. You will find here outstanding work of scholars representing different schools of thought such as Neo- Marxist, Keynesian, neoliberal. I cant over emphasize the value of such an open approach for nurturing scholarship in India. - Vijay L. Kelkar, Chairman of the Forum of Federations, Ottawa; India Development Foundation, New Delhi and Janwani. Earlier, he was Chairman of the 13th Finance Commission; Advisor to the Minister of Finance (2002-2004); and is kwn for his role in ecomic reforms in India.
- Author BiographyRaj Kapila is Director, Academic Foundation. Earlier, he has been with Planning Commission, Government of India; Ministry of Commerce and Industry; Industrial economist to Government of Punjab; Secretary, the Vanaspati Manufacturers Association of India; and Advisor, Hindustan Vegetable Oil Corporation. He has written extensively and has authored and edited several books. Uma Kapila , author/editor of several books on Indian economy, retired as Reader, Department of Economics, Miranda House, University of Delhi, India. She has taught Indian economy to undergraduate students for more than 42 years and is the author of the widely-read book Indian Economy since Independence , currently into its 25th edition. Presently, she is Senior Editor, Academic Foundation.
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Weight825 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byRaj Kapila,Uma Kapila
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.