All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the historical development and current state of India's healthcare industry. It describes three sets of institutions that deliver healthcare services, finance these services, and manufacture products used in these services. These institutions provide healthcare (hospitals, physicians, pharmacies, and diagstic laboratories), pay for healthcare (individuals who pay out-of-pocket, insurance companies, community insurance schemes, government ministries) and produce the techlogy used in healthcare delivery (pharmaceuticals, biotechlogy, and medical devices). The volume also discusses invative efforts to raise capital for the development of these sectors. Finally, it includes three interesting case studies of invative models of healthcare delivery (L. V. Prasad, Aravind, and Vaatsalya), as well as analyses of other invative organizations like Narayana Hrudaylaya and the hospital chains. The contributors to the volume include Wharton faculty members, graduates of Wharton's healthcare MBA program, and executives and consultants from India.
- Author BiographyLawton Robert Burns is James Joo-Jin Kim Professor and Chair of the Health Care Management Department at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. He teaches courses on healthcare strategy, strategic implementation and the US healthcare system. Dr Burns taught previously in the business schools at the University of Chicago and the University of Arizona. He is Programme Leader for Health Care Management at the Indian School of Business' new campus in Mohali where he oversees the entire healthcare curriculum.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/01/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight1340 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byLawton Robert Burns
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.