All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelopment of defence strategies in India has been slow and uneven due to the absence of a clear direction from the highest levels of government and the n-inclusion of the military in strategic decision-making. Focusing on the relative strengths of the state and society in this area, this volume provides a comprehensive assessment of the current situation and points to policy-relevant adjustments and changes necessary to future-proof India's defence preparedness. It also maps both continuity and change in India's evolving strategic capabilities. Belonging to the Oxford International Relations in South Asia series, this volume is the second part of a two-part project on Indian military modernization. While the first part focused mainly on India's conventional military modernization, the second part analyses the country's progress in advanced techlogies: cruise missiles, nuclear weapons, anti-satellite weapons, missile defence, and information-based warfare. South Asia has acquired a strategic role and importance in the rapidly evolving global and political scenario. The present series analyses foreign and security policies in the region.
- Author BiographyRajesh Basrur is Professor of International Relations and Coordinator of the South Asia Programme at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Bharath Gopalaswamy is Deputy Director of the South Asia Center, Atlantic Council, USA.
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleOxford International Relations in South Asia
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Noteline art and half tone illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width148 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byBharath Gopalaswamy,Rajesh Basrur
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.95
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.