All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe papers presented at the Fifth International Symposium on Heart Valves and published in this volume discuss clinical experience with heart valve replacement in pediatric patients, in adults (age 65 and younger), and in the elderly (age 66 and older). Special considerations in heart valve replacement, such as valve selection, reoperation, results of double valve implantation, quality of life, and the use of valved conduits are also included. Finally, long- term clinical follow-up with the ST. JUDE MEDICAL(R) heart valve, giving 7- and 8-year data is discussed. HEART VALVE REPLACEMENT IN PEDIATRIC PATIENTS Anticoagulation Anticoagulation in children is a difficult and interesting problem. Three princi- pal considerations in the use of anticoagulants are patient education, timing, and anticoagulating substance. Additional considerations are patient tolerance and compliance. Generally, the findings indicate, if pediatric patients receive anticoagulation following mechanical valve replacement, it is well accepted and results in few complications. If children are t anticoagulated, complications arise. Conflicting results regarding the efficacy of PERSANTINE(R) and the use of aspirin vs. COUMADIN(R) were reported. Doctor Sade's data address some of these questions. * After a 5-year study in * See J Thorac Cardiovasc Surgery 1988; 95:533-561.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/06/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight545 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCarlos Gomez-Duran,George J. Reul
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.38New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.