All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIndigeus people have often been confronted with education systems that igre their cultural and historical perspectives. This insightful volume contributes to our understanding of indigeus empowerment through education, and creates a new foundation for implementing specialized indigeus/mirity education worldwide, engaging the simultaneous projects of cultural preservation and social integration. A vital work for scholars in Native American studies, ethnic studies, and education.
- Author BiographyIsmael Abu-Saad is Professor of Education and founder of the Center for Bedouin Studies and Development at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel. He received his Ph.D. in Educational Policy and Administration from the University of Minnesota. Duane Champagne is Professor of Sociology and Director of the Native Nations Law & Policy Center, University of California, Los Angeles.
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/03/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleContemporary Native American Communities
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations,
- Weight426 g
- Width163 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDuane Champagne,Ismael Abu-Saad
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.