Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.63Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 8 Mar
- AU $53.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive authored text on stress and crisis management specifically tailored to courses focusing on the family. The book provides readers with an excellent balance of theory/research and hands-on applicatons and intervention strategies at a level that should appeal well to both undergraduates and master's candidates. Instructors of this course rmally find they must supplement their core text in one way or ather, e.g., to provide a family focus to a text on crisis management in general, to provide specific applications and intervention strategies to books that focus more on theory and research, or to augment a single perspective or theoretical orientation with additional perspectives. Weber provides it all within the covers of a single book.
- Author BiographyJanice G. Weber, Ph.D., CFLE, CFCS is an Associate Professor in the Child and Family Studies Program, University of Louisiana at Lafayette. At the university, she developed and taught for over 20 years a course entitled Families in Crisis. She has published in the area of family life education including encyclopedia articles on stress and crisis in families titled Family Crises (ABC-Clio, 2003) and Stress Management Theories and Techniques in Families (Sage, in press), as well as pedagogical materials, Analyzing a Personal Crisis (National Council on Family Relations, 1993). In addition, Dr. Weber has done numerous presentations on issues related to stress and crisis for both professional and lay audiences such as War Hits Home: How to Talk to Children; Living with Grief: Coping with Public Tragedy; Effects of Events of September 11, 2001 on College Students; Comparative Analysis of Bereavement Outcomes in Young Widowed and Divorced Women; Violence against Teachers: High School Teachers' Fears of, Experiences with, and Perceptions of Prevention; Passages: Life, Loss, and Changes; Crisis Prevention and Management; Lens on Teaching Individual and Family Stress Theory and Crisis Intervention; Get Organized: Be CALM and RELAXED; Talking to Children about War and Disasters; Making Sense of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita: The Context of Disaster; De-stressing Your Family; and Ambiguous Loss in Staff, Children, and Ourselves: What is It and what Can We Do about It?
- Author(s)Janice G. Weber
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.