All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the social changes caused by the modernization processes of the post-industrial society, and their meaning for the period of youth. Individualization, as an ambivalent social process, enables an individual to get rid of the traditional ties and, on the other hand, makes possible the development of new opportunities. This at the same time brings about new burdens and forms of dependence for an individual. Within this social framework the concepts of social pedagogy/social work with youth are problematized, for the changes of the youth period greatly influence also the current theory and practice of social work. Today youth can namely longer rely on the given status transitions, since already in the youth period the young people increasingly have to start solving certain development tasks and social problems.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dr. Darja Zorc-Maver is an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Education of the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia. Her main research areas are the theory of social pedagogy/work, youth, and the various forms of preventive work.
- Author(s)Darja Zorc-Maver
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight200 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.