Individualizing Professional Development: A Framework For Meeting School And District Goals by Vicki R. Husby (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.29+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Developed around an unassailable conceptual framework of adult learning theory, self-directed learning, action research, critical reflection, and group learning, Husby pointedly addresses the interests and standards of society; her individualized professional development program provides for professional accountability because individuals' goals must impact student achievement, and it adheres to professional standards as explicated by the National Staff Development Council' - from the Foreword by Jo Blase, Professor of Educational Leadership, University of Georgia 'This book makes a distinct contribution to the field by stressing ownership of growth by the adult learner and the role of the facilitator in creating a fertile environment for growth. It fills an unmet need on the market' - Mike Ford, Superintendent of Schools, Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District, NY 'I was completely engrossed with this book. Husby hit on all the important steps in establishing a staff development program and t only explains the 'how' but also the 'why - Catherine Kilfoyle Duffy, English Language Arts Chairperson, Three Village Central School District, East Setauket, NY Provide learner-focused professional development that builds organizational capacity! When teachers direct their own professional growth activities, learning is more meaningful and effective. But how can a program capitalize on this fact while remaining focused on larger school and district performance goals? Individualizing Professional Development explains how to satisfy both individual needs and preferences of teachers and organizational demands for accountability and improved student achievement. Author Vicki R. Husby integrates best practices of adult learning, action research, and self-directed learning into a job-embedded professional development process that successfully joins these sometimes competing goals. Designed as a how-to manual, this accessible resource includes: - Step-by-step directions for designing and implementing a program - Mini-lesson directions and materials - A photocopiable learning plan template - Examples of participants' individualized learning plans Considering today's high-stakes educational environment, the need for this flexible, sustainable, and inexpensive professional development program has never been greater. Discover the tools and strategies to facilitate individualized teacher learning and improve academic performance.
- Author BiographyVicki Husby is a curriculum specialist and instructional coach with Walton County Schools in Georgia. She is a former daycare teacher, public school teacher, assistant principal and assistant professor of Supervision of Instruction at the University of Georgia. She received her Ed.D. at the University of Georgia in educational leadership after studying teachers' experiences with self-directed staff development. She holds educational credentials in elementary education, middle grades education, gifted education, special education and educational leadership. Her areas of expertise include professional development and teacher development, academic interventions, and program development. Her professional experience has been shaped by teaching and leadership roles at middle school, high school, district office and university levels. Dr. Husby was selected as the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's 2000 Honor Teacher for her work with middle grades at-risk students. She is the editor and a co-author of the annual Teacher's Guide for O,Georgia Too: An Awesome Collection of Original Writings by Young Georgians. Her non-fiction narrative, Like Mother , was published in O,Georgia: A Collection of Georgia's Newest and Most Promising Writers, Volume 3.
- Author(s)Vicki R. Husby
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/05/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Foreword byJo Blase
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.