All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the delimited maritime boundaries of Indonesia with its neighbours. It features carefully drawn maps based on the geographical coordinates of the defined maritime boundaries; the reproduction of a complete set of the primary documents with direct relation to the boundaries; and a comprehensive narrative on the geography and the historical development of the archipelagic State. Indonesia has an immense maritime domain that encompasses much of the sea between Australia and the Asian mainland. In addition, Indonesia is itself made up largely of water: in excess of 17,000 islands, Indonesia's archipelagic and territorial waters together form about three-fifths of the country's sovereign territory. This book offers readers clear, accessible information on the maritime boundaries of the world's largest archipelagic state.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dr V.L. Forbes is author of a number of books - The Maritime Boundaries of the Indian Ocean Region (SUP, 1995), and Conflict and Cooperation in Managing Resources in Semi-Enclosed Sea, (SUP, 2001) - atlases and has been consulted on matters relating to maritime and terrestrial boundaries in the Indian Ocean Region and South East Asia and has appeared as a witness at Joint Standing Committee on Treaties Sessions for the Australian Federal Senate in relation to the delimitation of Australia's maritime boundaries with Indonesia in 1997 and East Timor in 2002. He has presented on an annual basis (since September 2002) Workshops on maritime boundary delimitation in China, Indonesia and Malaysia and archival research issues at the Maritime Institute of Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur. He has offered technical advice and attended and presented several research papers at Conferences, Seminars, publication of Occasional Papers, Indonesia's Maritime Boundaries (1995) compiling and publishing two atlases: Atlas of Malaysia's Maritime Space (1998) and Malaysia's Maritime Realm (2008), articles for MIMA Bulletin and facilitating Workshops on the cartographic aspects and geographical concepts of maritime boundary delimitation and archival research on terrestrial and maritime boundary issues.
- Author(s)Vivian Louis Forbes
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 19 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.