All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOutdoor wayfinding and navigation systems and services have become indispensable in people's mobility in unfamiliar environments. Advances in key techlogies (e.g., positioning and mobile devices), has spurred interest in research and development of indoor wayfinding and navigation systems and services in recent years. Indoor Wayfinding and Navigation provides both breadth and depth of kwledge in designing and building indoor wayfinding and navigation systems and services. It covers the types of sensors both feasible and practical for localization of users inside buildings. The book discusses current approaches, techniques, and techlogies for addressing issues in indoor wayfinding and navigation systems and services. It includes coverage of the cognitive, positioning, mapping, and application perspectives, an unusual but useful combination of information. This mix of different perspectives helps you better understand the issues and challenges of building indoor wayfinding and navigation systems and services, how they are different from those used outdoors, and how they can be used efficiently and effectively in challenging applications. Written by well-kwn specialists in the field, the book addresses all aspects of indoor wayfinding and navigation. It includes the latest research developments on the topic, succinctly covers the fundamentals, and details the issues and challenges in building new systems and services. With this information, you can design indoor wayfinding and navigation systems and services for a variety of uses and users.
- Author BiographyDr. Karimi is an active researcher and has published extensively in the area of Geoinformatics. He serves as the lead faculty for both the Geoinformatics Specialization (MSIS Program) and the Geoinformatics Lab at the School of Information Sciences. His research interests include: Geoinformatics (Geospatial Information Systems, Global Navigation Satellite Systems, Remote Sensing), navigation, location-based services, mobile computing, computational geometry, parallel/distributed/grid computing, and spatial analysis algorithms. Today, numerous applications are benefiting from geoinformatics techniques, technologies, and tools and with recent advances in geoinformatics and related technologies, such as Web services and grid computing, new geoprocessing paradigms and applications are expected to emerge. Dr. Karimi and his students look at real-world problems such as way finding, handicapped access to sidewalks and buildings, or social networking with geolocation capabilities.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication20/03/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note84 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHassan A. Karimi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.