All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe effects of the bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) family on bone formation are well documented, but the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta (ss) isoforms are much less studied. The product of 20 years of study, Induction of Bone Formation in Primates: The Transforming Growth Factor-ss3 sums up editor Ugo Ripamonti's research into the osteogenic activity of the three mammalian TGF-ss isoforms, particularly in primates. It explores how the mammalian TGF-ss isoforms have the potential to shed light on the apparent redundancy of bone induction signaling. The book unearths the profound and important bone inductive activity of the TGF-ss3 isoform. It includes accounts of extensive research in n-human primates from craniofacial tissue regeneration, heterotopic tissue induction, and chapters on periodontal tissue regeneration and synergistic induction of bone formation. It also discusses the future clinical role of the TGF-ss isoform, including in human studies. This book contributes to the fascinating history of BMP and TGF-ss research at the intersection of molecular biology, tissue induction, bone regeneration, and craniofacial surgery. It provides a revolutionary awakening to new possibilities in skeletal reconstruction, tissue engineering, and molecular and cellular biology.
- Author BiographyUgo Ripamonti is a leader in the field of tissue induction and differentiation in postnatal osteogenesis. His principal achievement is the demonstration of the induction of bone formation in non-human primate models. In 1994 he was appointed professor at the Medical School University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa, leading its newly founded Bone Research Laboratory. He has written more than 200 publications, given more than 120 invited lectures at international symposia, and organized a series of workshops and symposia at the World Biomaterials Congresses and the International Conferences on Bone Morphogenetic Proteins.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note49 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byUgo Ripamonti
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.