All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Handbook provides an informative and accessible guide to the industrial remains of the UK. It is essential reading for anyone with an interest in our industrial heritage, giving concise summaries of the history of different industries, together with descriptions of the structures and below-ground remains likely to be encountered. The book also considers the power which drove these industries, the transport network which delivered the products and the houses in which the workforce lived. It further reviews the legislation protecting industrial sites and the problems and potential of their adaptive re-use.
- Author BiographyEmeritus Professor Marilyn Palmer was the first professor of industrial archaeology in the UK. She has published widely on a variety of aspects of industrial archaeology. Mike Nevell is director of the Centre for Applied Archaeology at Salford University. He has excavated numerous industrial sites in North-west England and is an expert on the industrial remains of the region. Mark Sissons worked in the textile industry for many years and has a particular interest in the history and archaeology of mills and associated industries.
- Author(s)Marilyn Palmer,Mark Sissons,Michael Nevell,Mike Nevell
- PublisherCouncil for British Archaeology
- Date of Publication03/03/2012
- Place of PublicationYork
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCouncil for British Archaeology
- Content Note100 including colour
- Weight939 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.