All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis important new book covers recent advancements, invations, and techlogies in industrial biotechlogy, specifically addressing the application of various biomolecules in industrial production and in cleaning and environmental remediation sectors. The goal of industrial biotechlogy is to develop new techniques and techlogies to transform renewable raw materials into chemicals, materials, and fuels by the substitution of fossil fuels. With the increase in the world's population and the resultant growing energy demand, the need for more energy can be successfully met with the advancements in industrial biotechlogy. Currently across the globe significant research has been undertaken in the production of cleaner fuels, materials, and semi-synthetic chemicals, with environmental benefits. Developing countries have huge agricultural resources that could be utilized for production of value-added byproducts for the sustainable development of bio-based ecomy. The book opens with the chapter on the production of exopolysaccharides from halophilic microorganisms, a polymer that is rmally very useful in various production sectors of the food, pharmaceutical, and petroleum industries. The book goes on to cover: * The production of antimicrobial compounds from alkaliphilic bacteria * Thermophilic actimycetes * Food, agro, and pharmaceutical potential and biotechlogical applications of biosurfactants, halophiles, cyclodextrin glycosyl transferease, fungal chitinase, proteases, yeasts and yeast products Also covered in the book are the environmental aspects of industrial biotechlogy such as the genetic enhancement for biofuel production, the production of biodegradable thermoplastics, advancements in the synthesis of bio-oil, ecofriendly treatment of agro-based ligcelluloses, and anaerobic bio reactors for hydrocarbon remediation. The international roster of chapter authors have been chosen for their rewned expertise and contribution to the various fields of industrial biotechlogy. This book is suitable to chemists, biotechlogists from research institutes, academia, and students as well as for industry professionals
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note57 black & white illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDevarajan Thangadurai,Jeyabalan Sangeetha
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.