All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive reference on all aspects of industrial centrifugation techlogy. This practical resource offers detailed coverage of fluid particle separation in centrifuges, examining equipment, selection, testing, and optimization for specific applications, from small-scale protein separations to large-scale industrial techniques involving batch and continuous feed sedimenting, as well as parallel filtering operations. Integrating theory with hands-on methods, many of which are previously unpublished, the book discusses laboratory, pilot, and production tests; illustrates the most appropriate and efficient methods for particular needs; explains the dewatering of wastewater sludges to high cake dryness; and classification of fine particles; delineates the theory of centrifugal clarification, classification, degritting, cake compaction, and drainage; furnishes invaluable case histories and trouble-shooting guidelines, and more!
- Author BiographyWallace Woon-Fong Leung, Sc.D., a leading international expert on centrifugation and fluid-mechanics on separation processes, is Director of Process Technology at Bird Machine Company (a Baker Hughes company) and a Course Director for the Center for Professional Advancement, New Brunswick, NJ. Dr. Leung is the author of numerous technical papers and over 25 United States patents, and a contributor to Perry's and Green's Chemical Engineers Handbook, Seventh Edition and Schweitzer's Handbook of Separation Techniques for Chemical Engineers, Third Edition (both published by McGraw-Hill). He was awarded the Cedric Ferguson Medal by the Society of Petroleum Engineers based on his research work on flow in a porous media.
- Author(s)Wallace Woon-Fong Leung
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/1998
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight743 g
- Width129 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.