All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive guide to the design materials of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Four chapters trace the history of design materials from the origins of mass production in the Industrial Revolution to contemporary uses of wood, metals, and synthetics, and explores their potential roles in the future of the design industry. Each chapter is written by an expert in the domain.
- Author BiographyRaymond Guidot (editor) is one of France's foremost design theorists. Since 1972 he has organized numerous exhibitions at the Centre Georges Pompidou's Center for Industrial Creation. He has also been co-curator of Paris-Berlin 1900-1933, Paris-Moscow 1900-1930, Les Realismes, and Vienna 1880-1938. His articles have appeared in numerous books and exhibition catalogs. Guidot is the author of Design: Carrefour des Arts (Flammarion, 2003), Histoire du Design 1940 - 2000; and Ron Arad. Jean-Baptiste Touchard is a mathematician specializing in scientific and technical mediation. Jean Grenier is an engineer at the Conservatoire National Superieur des Arts et Metiers, and a professor of technology at both the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Decoratifs and Creapole. Jean-Jacques Salomon is an honorary professor at the Conservatoire Nationale Superieure des Arts et Metiers.
- Author(s)Jean Grenier,Jean-Baptiste Touchard,Jean-Jacques Salomon,Raymond Guidot
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note360 colour illus
- Weight1040 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.