All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIndustrial ecomics has reach a cross roads in its development; the established approach, based on the neoclassical theory of the firm, it w being challenged by a variety of ideas and concepts. Paramount among these are developments within institutions, ecomics and the world of the Austrian School. This revised and updated edition of Paul Ferguson's successful textbook integrates these new approaches into a critical exposition of neoclassical theory. While the first edition presented the work of the Austrian School as the main counter to the traditional (neoclassical) paradigm, this new edition widens the theoretical approaches considered. The volume w encompasses all the major variants of what is becoming kwn as the new institutional ecomics. Topics discussed include: Subjects which neoclassical analysis has always found difficult to accommodate, such as invation and advertising, topical problems, such as privatization and deindustrialization. Areas of particular importance for policy formation, such as mopoly.
- Author BiographyPaul R. Ferguson is coauthor, with Glenys J. Ferguson, of Business Economics, and is Lecturer in Economics at Lancaster University. He has considerable experience in consultancy, teaching courses in Industrial Economics and the application of economic analysis to business problems. Glenys J. Ferguson has taught at Lancaster University and has worked as a research analyst and consultant.
- Author(s)Glenys Ferguson,Paul R. Ferguson
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/1994
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.