All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new book, Hara, Kambayashi and Matsushima gather together a collection of case studies of invation in various industries in modern Japan, including automobile, electronics, semiconductor, component, chemical, pharmaceutical and service industries. Unlike other books in this area, this book focuses on a broader range of Japanese industries from the post world war era to the modern day and considers the relationships between the characteristics of invation and the features of Japanese society. These chapters demonstrate Japan's shift from being product-oriented and domestic to being business system-oriented and global. Meanwhile the process of invation in Japan continues to include the tendency of eliminating uncertainty through intimate in-process interaction between different functions, rather than through preset rule or contracts. This book goes some way in challenging accepted tions of Japanese invation, emphasising new and diverse trends and practises.
- Author BiographyTakuji Hara is Professor of Industrial Management at the Graduate School of Business Administration, Kobe University. Norio Kambayashi is Professor of Human Resource Management at the Graduate School of Business Administration, Kobe University. Noboru Matsushima is Associate Professor in Organization Studies and Technology Management at Kobe University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, 34 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byNoboru Matsushima,Norio Kambayashi,Takuji Hara
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.