All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe industrial and mir railways of the former counties of Cumberland and Westmorland are neglected topics deserving of greater attention. West Cumberland has traditionally been a mining, steelmaking and quarrying region, with some areas of rail-served industry surviving today. Standard and narrow gauge railways and their locomotives have supported these industries from the late-1950s to the present day. Gordon Edgar uses his excellent collection of photographs to explore these fascinating railways and their locomotives.
- Author BiographyGordon Edgar has been photographing railways since 1968 and has specialised in the end of main line and industrial steam in the UK. Having served for two decades in the Army Intelligence Corps, since retirement he has devoted his time to his archive of railway photographs. Gordon has contributed to two books on steam railways in China and his photographs have also appeared in several periodicals. An accomplished photographer, Gordon Edgar has written several railway books for Amberley Publishing.
- Author(s)Gordon Edgar
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitleIndustrial Locomotives & Railways of ...
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note150
- Width246 mm
- Height168 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.