All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter years of near 'disrepute' in official circles, Industrial Policy has made something of a comeback over the last few years and is w very much back on the agenda at national and EU levels, driven by concerns over globalisation, deindustrialisation, unemployment and perceived poor growth in the EU. Simultaneously, the European Commission's Fourth Report on Ecomic and Social Cohesion has kicked off the debate over challenges to cohesion, the shape of EU Cohesion policy beyond 2013, and how resources should be managed. This debate will find added momentum with the imminent 'mid-term' review being launched by the Commission. Discussions over the success or t of the Lisbon Agenda, on-going debates over cluster policies, and recent developments in policy evaluation have also contributed to a burgeoning academic literature over the last eighteen months. This edited volume is especially pertinent given such developments and pulls together a diverse range of contributions from leading authorities in the field to add to these debates and to illustrate connections between them. This book was published as a special issue of Policy Studies.
- Author BiographyDavid Bailey is Professor of Management at Coventry University, UK. He has published extensively on industrial policy, economic restructuring and policy responses, globalisation, policy towards transnationals and FDI, and European integration and enlargement, (particularly EU Regional Policy). Lisa De Propris is Senior Lecturer in Industrial Economics at the Birmingham Business School, UK. She has published extensively on clusters, cluster policies, European regional policy, competitiveness, industrial policy and creative industries.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight228 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDavid Bailey,Lisa De Propris
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.