All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Acheson Inquiry was the most important government-backed examination into inequalities in health in the past 20 years. However, much of the detailed evidence presented to the Inquiry has t been published - until w. This book presents 17 chapters of evidence commissioned by the Acheson Inquiry to inform their work. It provides a 'state of the art' review, by leading experts, into aspects of inequalities in health among: Mothers/families/children Youth Adults of working age Older people Housing Social environment Poverty and income The NHS Nutrition Education Areas Ethnicity Transport/pollution/material environment Gender Mental health Health-related behaviours Oral health * Inequalities in health: The evidence is important reading for academics in the social and medical sciences, students, medical professionals and people working within the fields of health and community care. Studies in poverty, inequality and social exclusion series Series Editor: David Gordon, Director, Townsend Centre for International Poverty Research. Poverty, inequality and social exclusion remain the most fundamental problems that humanity faces in the 21st century. This exciting series, published in association with the Townsend Centre for International Poverty Research at the University of Bristol, aims to make cutting-edge poverty related research more widely available. For other titles in this series, please follow the series link from the main catalogue page.
- Author BiographyDanny Dorling is the Halford Mackinder Professor of Geography at Oxford University and author of many books including Injustice: Why social inequalities persist (Policy Press, 2015) and, with others, The Social Atlas of Europe (2014). He is Honorary President of the Society of Cartographers and a patron of Roadpeace, the national charity for road crash victims.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleStudies in Poverty, Inequality and Social Exclusion Series
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Note60figs.83tabs.
- Weight1115 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDaniel Dorling,David Gordon,George Davey-Smith,Mary Shaw
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.