Inequality: What Everyone Needs to Know by James Kenneth Galbraith (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past thirty years, the issue of ecomic inequality has emerged from the backwaters of ecomics to claim center stage in the political discourse of America and beyond a change prompted by a troubling fact: numerous measures of income inequality, especially in the United States in the last quarter of the twentieth century, have risen sharply in recent years. Even so, many people remain confused about what, exactly, politicians and media persons mean when they discuss inequality. What does ecomic inequality mean? How is it measured? Why should we care? Why did inequality rise in the United States? Is rising inequality an inevitable feature of capitalism? What should we do about it? Inequality: What Everyone Needs to Kw takes up these questions and more in plain and clear language, bringing to life one of the great ecomic and political debates of our age. Inequality expert James K. Galbraith has compiled the latest ecomic research on inequality and explains his findings in a way that everyone can understand. He offers a comprehensive introduction to the study of ecomic inequality, including its philosophical and theoretical origins, the variety of concepts in wide use, empirical measures and their advantages and disadvantages, competing modern theories of the causes and effects of rising inequality in the United States and worldwide, and a range of policy measures. This latest addition to the popular What Everyone Needs to Kw series from Oxford University Press will tell you everything you need to kw to make informed opinions on this significant issue.
- Author BiographyJames K. Galbraith teaches at The University of Texas at Austin. He holds degrees from Harvard and Yale, and was a Marshall Scholar at King's College, Cambridge. He served as Executive Director of the Joint Economic Committee, US Congress, in the early 1980s. In 2010 he was elected to the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei. In 2012, he was President of the Association for Evolutionary Economics. He is the 2014 co-winner of the Leontief Prize for advancing the frontiers of economic thought.
- Author(s)James Kenneth Galbraith
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleWhat Everyone Needs to Know
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine14 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.