Inevitable Too!: The Total Leader Embraces Mass Customized Learning by Charles Schwahn, Beatrice McGarvey (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a powerful follow up to Inevitable: Mass Customized Learning, Schwahn and McGarvey provide educational leaders with the playbook for implementing the compelling Mass Customized Learning vision. The so how do you do it question has been answered! Inevitable Too! marries the popular Total Leaders Framework with the inspirational and highly desirable vision of Mass Customized Learning. The authors present a clear and coherent roadmap of the leadership performance roles to make the MCL Vision a reality. Educators are poised to do what is right for learners, right for their profession, and right for our society. For the first time techlogies are in place to make mass customization for learning possible. These techlogies allow students to be empowered learners. Likewise, they empower and make it possible for teachers to individualize learning - something they have always wanted - and tried - to do! It is a moral imperative. Educators must leapfrog the prevailing Industrial Age, time-based paradigm of education to an Information Age educational system that truly supports learners and educators. There can be more excuses. The techlogies are abundant and powerful. The authors assert that the vision of Mass Customized Learning is, well, Inevitable.
- Author BiographyCharles Schwahn has made his professional life a study of leadership and effective organizations. For the past 30 years he has worked with school systems and businesses throughout North America providing consultation on the topics of leadership, change, and future-focused strategic design. His career has placed him in nearly all the critical roles of the education profession, and his last real job was as superintendent of the Eagle County School District in Vail, Colorado. Chuck received his doctorate from the University of Massachusetts, where Ken Blanchard of The One-Minute Manager fame was his doctoral chair. Chuck is co-author of Inevitable: Mass Customized Learning; Total Leaders: Applying the Best Future-Focused Change Strategies to Education; Total Leaders 2.0: Leading in the Age of Empowerment; and Learning Communities 2.0. Chuck and his wife Genny spend their summers in the Black Hills of South Dakota and winters in the Phoenix area. He can be reached at email@example.com. Beatrice McGarvey has consulted with educators throughout the United States and Canada in the areas of teaching and learning, leadership and organizational development. Her knowledge and experience is a result of the thirty-year career she enjoyed in Maine schools - as a classroom teacher, as a middle school counselor and administrator, and as a district and state leader. Bea received her B.S. and M.Ed. degrees from the University of Southern Maine and is proud to be a Partner in Total Leaders Associates, a Senior Associate at Marzano Research Lab, and a faculty trainer for International ASCD. She is co-author of Inevitable: Mass Customized Learning; The Future is Now: Shifts and Trends That are Redefining Organizations, Careers, and Life; Total Leaders: A Leadership Curriculum used by the Pennsylvania Leadership Development Consortium. Her large and growing family of four grandchildren and nineteen nieces and nephews prove her theory that all children are born with an inherent will and motivation to learn. Her mission has been to create learning environments that do not extinguish this natural drive. Bea and her husband Richard continue to enjoy the beautiful coast of their native Maine. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Beatrice McGarvey,Charles Schwahn
- Date of Publication05/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.